Contact Us

C o n t a c t U s

Golden Star Operations Wassa Wassa

Wassa is located in south-western Ghana. Golden Star commenced production from the surface operation at Wassa in 2005 and commercial production was achieved at Wassa Underground on January 1, 2017. In early 2018 Wassa transitioned into an underground-focused operation.

Home Wassa Mining

Wassa Mining. [email protected] / [email protected] Matthys Smit +233 74 70 95 53 / +223 74 07 58 06 / +223 66 79 20 19. Hamdallaye ACI 2000 près de SAER Emploi immeuble Tounkara porte 311 Rue canal, Bamako, Mali ©2020 by Wassa Mining. Proudly created by Matthys Smit

Major Mines & Projects Wassa Mine

2018-3-27  The Wassa deposit is located on the eastern flank of the northeast trending Ashanti Belt, a Paleoproterozoic greenstone belt which was formed and deformed, along with the dividing Birimian and Tarkwaian sedimentary basins during the Eoeburnean and Eburnean orogeny.

Wassa Royal Gold

The Wassa mine and oxide ore mill are located in the Wassa East District, in the Western Region of Ghana. Golden Star Wassa Ltd. (GSWL) owns the rights to mine the Wassa, Benso and Hwini-Butre concessions. Golden Star Resources Ltd. (Golden Star) owns a 90% interest in GSWL, with the Government of Ghana owning the remaining 10%.

Wassa Gold Mine Knight Piésold English

The Wassa Gold Mine is located near the village of Akyempim, Wassa District in the Western Region of Ghana, some 260 km from Accra. The former heap leach pad, now known as tailings storage facility 1 (TSF 1) extension, is bounded to the south, east and north by natural hills and to the west by a coffer dam, separating TSF 1 from TSF 1 extension.

Golden Star Golden Star Resources Files Wassa Gold Mine

2021-3-1  The Wassa mine is located in the Western Region of Ghana, 150km west of the capital, Accra. Wassa lies within the southern portion of the Ashanti Greenstone Belt. The property covers an area of 5,289Ha with 595Ha of disturbance from Wassa

The Wassa deposit: A poly-deformed orogenic gold system

2015-12-1  The Wassa mine is the first example of an early-orogenic gold system in West Africa. • Gold-bearing pyrite are aligned and stretched along the S1 ductile fabric. • Mineralized quartz-calcite-ankerite veins have been folded at least four times. • Wassa-type deposits are possible sources of gold for the Tarkwa paleoplacer.

Genser Wassa Plant Genser Energy

Genser Energy signed a power purchase agreement with Golden Star Resources for the delivery of power to its Wassa Gold Mine, an underground-focused gold mine located in southwestern Ghana. The Wassa plant, a combined cycle gas turbine plant, is currently under construction. The Wassa plant will run on natural gas via the Genser Energy pipeline.

ANALYST & INVESTOR SITE VISIT Wassa & Prestea

2017-11-13  Wassa Underground Mine Manager, Chris Harmse, briefs the group before the tour of the Wassa Underground Gold Mine. Day 1: Wassa Operations The group visits the new drill bit sharpening area. Drill bits can be resharpened 6 times, which is a cost effective and environmentally friendly alternative to buying new drill bits every time.

Wassa Gold Mine Knight Piésold English

The Wassa Gold Mine is located near the village of Akyempim, Wassa District in the Western Region of Ghana, some 260 km from Accra. The former heap leach pad, now known as tailings storage facility 1 (TSF 1) extension, is bounded to the south, east and north by natural hills and to the west by a coffer dam, separating TSF 1 from TSF 1 extension.

The Wassa deposit: A poly-deformed orogenic gold system

2015-12-1  The Wassa mine is the first example of an early-orogenic gold system in West Africa. • Gold-bearing pyrite are aligned and stretched along the S1 ductile fabric. • Mineralized quartz-calcite-ankerite veins have been folded at least four times. • Wassa-type deposits are possible sources of gold for the Tarkwa paleoplacer.

Genser Wassa Plant Genser Energy

Genser Energy signed a power purchase agreement with Golden Star Resources for the delivery of power to its Wassa Gold Mine, an underground-focused gold mine located in southwestern Ghana. The Wassa plant, a combined cycle gas turbine plant, is currently under construction. The Wassa plant will run on natural gas via the Genser Energy pipeline.

Wassa Restart gold mine Report Wood Mackenzie

2021-2-8  The Wassa mine is located in the Western region of Ghana along the Ashanti Greenstone Belt, 80km north of Cape Coast and 150km west of the capital of Accra. Wassa is an underground mining operation with the ore treated in a 2.7Mt/a conventional carbon-in-leach (CIL) processing facility.

Wassa Archives International Mining

2021-3-4  The mine plan considers a production rate targeting the processing capacity, at or close to 2.7 Mt/y run-of-mine material, after a five-year ramp-up period. The plant has previously operated at these rates with feed from both Wassa and the Bogoso-Prestea operation (since sold).

WASSA GOLD MINE, GHANA s1.q4cdn

2015-11-13  The Wassa Gold Mine is located on the eastern flank of the Ashanti belt in Ghana, West-Africa. The mine is located 150 km west of the capital of Accra. The Wassa Mine was originally developed as an open-pit heap leach operation with the first material mined in October 1998. Golden Star acquired the Wassa mine in 2002,

The Wassa deposit: a poly-deformed orogenic gold system

Timing of the gold mineralization at the Wassa mine makes this deposit type a possible candidate for the source of the gold contained in the Tarkwa paleoplacer. AB The Ashanti greenstone belt in southwest Ghana hosts many gold deposits distinguished by different timing and structural contexts.

Golden Star Resources to invest $15 million in exploration

2021-4-7  The Chief Operating Officer said the Wassa underground mine, which has a life span of seventeen years, could produce 300,000 ounces of gold in a year. Currently, the mine has a Net Present Value of more than $800 million with huge significant assets to contribute to the development of the Ghanaian economy.

加拿大黄金矿业公司:金星资源Golden Star Resources(GSS

2019-2-20  金星资源有限公司Golden Star Resources, Ltd.(AMEX:GSS、TSX:GSC、GSE:GSR)创立于1992年5月,总部位于加拿大多伦多,全职雇员901人,是一家黄金开采和勘探公司,主要在加拿大、西非、南美从事黄金矿产开采。

Chris Harmse Operations Manager Mining Wassa

Wassa Gold Mine, Ghana Sep 2016 Present 4 years 9 months. Wassa, Ghana Project Coordinator Anglo American Sep 2012 Aug 2016 4 years. Australia Asst Mine Manager Katanga Mining Komoto Copper Company DRC Sep 2010 Sep 2012 2 years 1 month. Mining Manager Anvil Mining DRC

WASSA GOLD MINE, GHANA s1.q4cdn

2015-11-13  The Wassa Gold Mine is located on the eastern flank of the Ashanti belt in Ghana, West-Africa. The mine is located 150 km west of the capital of Accra. The Wassa Mine was originally developed as an open-pit heap leach operation with the first material mined in October 1998. Golden Star acquired the Wassa mine in 2002,

Genser Wassa Plant Genser Energy

Genser Energy signed a power purchase agreement with Golden Star Resources for the delivery of power to its Wassa Gold Mine, an underground-focused gold mine located in southwestern Ghana. The Wassa plant, a combined cycle gas turbine plant, is currently under construction. The Wassa plant will run on natural gas via the Genser Energy pipeline.

Golden Star says Wassa mine resource up by 1m ounces

2021-3-8  Golden Star Resources (GSR), the gold mining company, has said a recent assessment of the Wassa underground mine has shown an 86 percent increase in measured mineral resource, demonstrating the improving geological confidence that has

Geological setting of the Wassa gold deposit, SW Ghana

2016-10-1  The Wassa deposit (longitude 1.720 W; latitude 5.490 N) is located 150 km west of Accra, 37 km northeast of the Tarkwa Mine, 14 km east of the Damang Mine. It is hosted by Sefwi Group rocks, east of the Tarkwa Basin.

The Wassa deposit: a poly-deformed orogenic gold system

Timing of the gold mineralization at the Wassa mine makes this deposit type a possible candidate for the source of the gold contained in the Tarkwa paleoplacer. AB The Ashanti greenstone belt in southwest Ghana hosts many gold deposits distinguished by different timing and structural contexts.

Electrifying Wassa The Northern Miner

2005-6-6  Latest. February 10, 2021 ynot this post; February 1, 2021 Time Zone Test 2; February 1, 2021 Time Zone Test; January 14, 2021 Test Time Difference with Update; November 19, 2020 Testing refactor 66678; October 8, 2020 Sumitomo to sell stake in Sierra Gorda copper mine; October 2, 2020 Gold Standard is Back!; October 1, 2020 Testing from insomnia 3; September 17, 2020

Golden Star Resources to invest $15 million in exploration

2021-4-7  The Chief Operating Officer said the Wassa underground mine, which has a life span of seventeen years, could produce 300,000 ounces of gold in a year. Currently, the mine has a Net Present Value of more than $800 million with huge significant assets to contribute to the development of the Ghanaian economy.

Project Global Mining Ltd. Mining Technology Mining

Wassa Gold Mine. Golden Star (Wassa) (GSWL), a subsidiary of Golden Star, owns and operates the Wassa gold mine in south-west Ghana. Golden Star holds a 90% interest in GSWL, while the Ghanaian Government holds the remaining 10% ownership earning a

加拿大黄金矿业公司:金星资源Golden Star Resources(GSS

2019-2-20  金星资源有限公司Golden Star Resources, Ltd.(AMEX:GSS、TSX:GSC、GSE:GSR)创立于1992年5月,总部位于加拿大多伦多,全职雇员901人,是一家黄金开采和勘探公司,主要在加拿大、西非、南美从事黄金矿产开采。

Chris Harmse Operations Manager Mining Wassa

Wassa Gold Mine, Ghana Sep 2016 Present 4 years 9 months. Wassa, Ghana Project Coordinator Anglo American Sep 2012 Aug 2016 4 years. Australia Asst Mine Manager Katanga Mining Komoto Copper Company DRC Sep 2010 Sep 2012 2 years 1 month. Mining Manager Anvil Mining DRC